This content here is for educational purposes only. Its not intended as medical advice and it does not replace the advice of a qualified healthcare professional.
We all use wireless devices, but do you really understand their effects on your health? What happens when you take phone calls pressed up to your ear? Or when you use a tablet/computer on your lap? What could happen to children and loved ones?
Keep reading, you may just save a life.
Today's guest on #TBOT is Bill Cadwallader, a certified Electro Magnetic Radiation Specialist (EMRS) and author of 'Exposed: The Electronic Sickening of America and How To Protect Yourself' and the Quick & Easy EMF Guide, 99 Tips.
Bill's origin story started after he noticed that his co-worker would hold his phone next to his head when taking calls. When his co-worker developed a brain tumor in that exact same spot, Bill knew he had to learn more. Since then he has been working as a EMR investigator and consultant helping people remediate EMR in their own homes.
If you're a technologist or new to the subject of electromagnetic radiation, you may be puzzled to hear that this radiation can be harmful to our health. This is a conversation that is getting louder each year, and quite rightly as more devices that emit radiation are being introduced into public places, homes, and even on our bodies.
And this issue is far greater than the anecdotal cases of wireless devices causing tumors, there are actually thousands of scientific studies showing serious harmful effects on humans.
Why care about EMR?
Human beings are bioelectrical systems. Our hearts and brains are regulated by internal bioelectrical signals. Environmental exposures to artificial EMFs can interact with fundamental biological processes in the human body. In some cases, this may cause discomfort, or sleep disruption, or loss of wellbeing (impaired mental functioning and impaired metabolism) or sometimes, maybe it is a dread disease like cancer or Alzheimer’s disease. It may be interfering with ones’ ability to become pregnant, or carry a child to full term, or result in brain development changes that are bad for the child. It may be these exposures play a role in causing long-term impairments to normal growth and development of children, tipping the scales away from becoming productive adults. We have good evidence these exposures can damage our health, or that of children of the future who will be born to parents now immersed in wireless exposures.
-- Bioinitiative 2012
The thousands of studies were compiled, summarized, and cited into a single report - Bioinitiative 2012. This report was prepared by 29 scientists, doctors, and bioelectromagnetic health experts, and covers 1800 studies.
A good place to start exploring is the RF color charts which summarize the many different studies showing bioeffects of Radio Frequency Radiation, for instance from cell towers, Wi-Fi, wireless laptops, and smart meters. What's important is that these studies observed effects occurring at miniscule levels of radiation. Radiation exposure in the real world are compounded many times as measured by an EMR meter.
You can also download the full report or its different sections here, press the plus sign next to the sections to get the PDF download.
Interview Show Notes
Health Indicators In Statistics
- Glial (Glioblastoma Multiform Brain Tumors, GBMs) are on the rise. This is typically a rare but aggressive form of cancer.
- GBM rates doubled in the Netherlands (microwavenews.com)
- GBM rates doubled in England (powerwatch.org)
- GBM rates almost tripled in Denmark (powerwatch.org)
- There is a 180% increased risk of brain cancer if you use a wireless phone for over 10 years
Neurobehavioral Symptoms Near Cell Towers
- Symptoms like fatigue, sleep disturbance, headaches, feelings of discomfort, difficulty concentrating, depression, memory loss, irritability increase dramatically within 300 meters of a cell tower (Santini et al France: Pathol Biol. 2002;50:S369-73)
Other Health Risks
Known Effects of EMR
- Damages DNA
- Compromises the blood-brain barrier
- Weakens the immune system
Industry Obsession With Wireless and the Dangers to Children
New products are being developed that bring wireless technology even closer to humans, and especially vulnerable populations like children without any pre-market or long-term safety studies.
- Wireless pacifiers
- Wireless diapers
Bill notes that wireless products that use Bluetooth have been measured at 100,000 microwattts per meter squared.
Privacy Considerations in rollout of 5G Infrastructure
- 5G mmWave cannot go very far, so smaller cell antennas will be put down every 2 to 12 homes
- Massive MIMO - larger amounts of data, input/output
- There's no opt-in or opt-out
- Sensors such as a microphone and camera are automatically installed and may not be identified by the average person
Identifying and Finding Cell Towers
- You can use Antenna Search to find local cell towers
- Small cell towers may look just like lamposts
- You can identify 4G tower with a cylinder type shape on top
- 5G antennas look like vertical pizza boxes
What's The Difference Between 4G and 5G
- 4G - broadcasts in a large area, continually 24/7
- 5G contains low level, mid-level, and 5G mmWave
- 5G low and mid levels are the same or similar to 4G frequencies
- 5G mmWave -More radiation at higher frequencies closer to the target devices, radiation is beamed directly towards the device, must be within 2/10ths of a mile
- 5G mmWave gets stopped by walls
EMR In the Air
- Global internet companies are launching low-earth-orbit satellites to cover the earth with connectivity. There are over 20,000 satellites up currently, with 440,000 satellites proposed across the biggest companies including SpaceX, Iridium, Amazon
- This is not environmentally friendly, not just the EMR but the rocket launches required to launch and keep satellites
Scientific Studies and Resistance
- Over 5,000 studies have been published on the effects of EMR (many can be found on bioinitiative.org)
- The telecom industry presents half a billion lobbying dollars (#1 in lobbying groups) to the government to supress investigations into EMR safety
Types of Radiation
- Radio frequency: radiation through the air, Wireless, WiFi, & Bluetooth
- Radiation from the wires: Electric radiation, magnetic radiation, and dirty eletricity
- Keep distance wherever possible
- Unplug appliances when not in use, especially if they are 'smart' or use WiFi
- Dirty electricity is emitted from wiring in the home and power outlets
- Be careful if there's a power outlet to the head of your ebd
- Occur from surges in power coming straight from the powerlines
- You can get Greenwave and Stetzer meters which measure millivoltz or Graham Stetzer units
10 Steps to an EMR Makeover
Get the whole printout here: https://stopdirtyelectricity.com/
- Get as far away from sources as possible (like the microwave)
- Move wireless devices away from the bed, put it in another room, and turn it off
- Use speaker phone
- Carry phones on airplane mode
- Turn router off at night
- Replace cordless phones with landlines (cordless phones are emitting radiation even when on their base)
- Read content on devices in airplane mode (download the book / article ahead of time)
- Cut power to wireless devices
- Don't use bluetooth headsets
- Opt out of your smart meter
And much more covered in the interview, watch now
Take Back Our Tech Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.